The mission that underlies the establishment of the university is staff education, mainly for the needs of small and medium enterprises, in a manner corresponding to high quality standards, based on good cooperation of the university with the external environment and a high degree of individualization of studies and flexibility in the labor market. University graduates are well prepared in terms of practical skills as well as continuing education. They are creative, capable of teamwork and civic activity, also in a multicultural environment.
The concept of education of full-time and part-time studies results from the university’s mission and strategy. The basis for work on the new university strategy in force since 2016 was an in-depth diagnosis of the university’s surroundings and potential. Changes taking place inside the university, but also trends on the market, including new professions, changing expectations of employers and students have become the foundation of a new document developed during professional workshops moderated by external consultants (from the MIS Foundation).
The above-mentioned factors constituted the main determinant in the formulation of learning outcomes, followed by the curriculum and teaching methodology and, accordingly, in these assumptions – personnel policy. The University of Economics and Computer Science from the beginning of its activity specialized in first-cycle studies in the field of economics and IT education. The new strategy – although it sustains the economic and IT specialization – has made a significant revision, bringing new challenges to the authorities and staff.
The strategic goals of the university for the coming years are:
1. Obtaining the status of a leader among practical universities in Małopolska
2. Implementation of a modular model of education based on American models
3. Saturation of the university with technology and innovations.
The key, accepted in the mission standards and values of the University of Economics and Computer Science in Krakow are:
* Caring for the high quality of practical training, corresponding to the needs of the labor market.
* Creating flexible, tailor-made curricula in cooperation with key companies in the region,
* Care for a friendly, open atmosphere inspiring to creativity, enthusiasm, teamwork and partnership