DESCRIPTION OF SPECIALTY
The main goal of the studies in the field of Personnel Management and Work Psychology is to prepare graduates to skillfully coordinate the process of human resources management in the company. Students of this specialty acquire knowledge and practical skills in the field of conducting labor market analysis, recruitment, selection and professional development of staff, forming positive relationships in employee teams, constructing incentive systems and remuneration systems, keeping HR and payroll documentation, accounting for time and labor costs.
It is a practical specialty dominated by active forms of classes like: case study methods, team work, seminars, managerial workshops) conducted by qualified and experienced practitioners.
The specialty program was reviewed by the Entrepreneurs’ Council, consisting of managerial staff and representatives of labor offices.
WHAT YOU WILL KNOW
Studying this specialty you will learn for instance:
- how to design and implement the organization’s strategy and personnel policy
- how to build and manage a team
- You will learn the latest techniques and methods of recruitment, planning and work organization.
- You will gain knowledge and skills in selection, periodic assessment, motivation, training and development of employees and managers of enterprises, banks and other institutions of economic and public life
- You will gain knowledge in the field of labor law and flexible forms of work and employment organization.
MOST IMPORTANT SUBJECTS
- HR management
- Advanced managerial psychology
- Communication in an intercultural team
- Performance management
- Tools for recruitment and selection of employees
- Shift management
- HR and payroll documentation
- Remuneration systems and labor costs
- Interpersonal training – workshops
RECOMMENDED SUBJECTS TO CHOOSE FROM
- Sales psychology
- Psychological tools in managing people
- Cognitive determinants of the mind in business
- Sales methods and techniques
- Labor law and social insurance
- Employee development management
- Customer relationship management
YOUR EDUCATIONAL PATH
The study program includes implementation of subjects of primary and secondary education, which will provide knowledge about management and help students understand the laws governing the market (such as: management fundamentals, fundamentals of economics, finance, legal bases). This stage will allow you to decide in which direction to continue educating.
Then you undergo a specialist training which will prepare you for a specific profession.
Graduates of this specialization can:
- be employed in the human resources departments of enterprises and institutions, labor offices, employment agencies, career offices and personnel consulting companies, trade unions and social organizations,
- occupy positions as: managers of HR departments, trainers, consultants of work resources management, specialists for recruitment planning, HR or human resources personnel, consultants in the personnel consulting office, specialists in employment agencies, labor market analysts.
- 1 voucher per term for Microsoft exams (MOS or MTA) – market value of the package PLN 1,300. You have the chance to get certificates of knowledge of such programs as: Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint.
- Project management training carried out in the form of implementing a real project based on the „Exempt from Theory” platform designed by the Social Wolves Foundation, ending with obtaining the PMF (Project Management Fundamentals) certificate. See more: https://zwolnienizteorii.pl/
- Comarch ERP Optima Płace and Kadry e-learning training. After passing the exam you obtain the appropriate Comarch Optima certificate.
- Training Coaching in business after which you will receive a certificate of the course completion.
- Participation in practical training in psychology and coaching conducted by specialists from WSEI partner companies.
- By completing training and gaining certificates during your studies – you save time.
First year of studies: PLN 2,400 / semester (or PLN 500 paid in five installments)
Second and third year of studies: PLN 2,500 / semester (PLN 530 paid in five installments)
Faculty of Management Partner