DESCRIPTION OF SPECIALTY
The specialty program meets the needs of TSL specialists (transport-shipping-logistics) on the domestic and international market. Students of this specialty are prepared to efficiently manage the flow of raw materials, materials and products both within the company and between businesses under the so-called supply chain, starting with sources of supply and ending with the service of the final customer. The specialty prepares students to work in positions related to logistics, including managerial positions.
The advantage of studies is their practicality. They are run by specialized teaching staff and practitioners. Most of the classes are run as: workshops, seminars and case studies. The curriculum was built in consultation with employers so it meets their needs.
WHAT YOU WILL KNOW
Choosing this specialty:
- You will acquire managerial knowledge and skills as well as relevant specialist competencies corresponding to the needs and realities of functioning in the logistics industry,
- you will get the qualifications necessary to run your own business,
- you will learn how to identify, analyze and improve systems, logistics processes, chains and logistics networks, and manage them,
- you will gain practical skills in using IT tools for managing logistics processes,
- you will know how to design and implement spatial logistics networks and logistics services and solve problems in the field of production logistics regarding ensuring optimal flow of materials and information in the production process,
- you will learn how to plan and implement logistics activities and modernize logistics systems,
- you will be able to use the information from the logistics system to make management decisions in changing environmental conditions and to analyze and evaluate the impact of logistics costs on the efficiency of business operations.
THE MOST IMPORTANT SUBJECTS AND TECHNOLOGIES:
• Logistics basics
• Production logistics
• Supply and distribution logistics
• IT systems in logistics
• Support for CRM systems
• Sales methods and techniques
• Production and service management
• Transport and shipping management
RECOMMENDED SUBJECTS TO CHOOSE FROM:
- Customer relationship management
- Sales psychology
- Performance management
- Interpersonal training – workshops
YOUR EDUCATIONAL PATH
The study plans include implementation of subjects of primary and secondary education, which will provide knowledge about management and help students understand the laws governing the market (such as: management fundamentals, fundamentals of economics, finance, legal bases). This stage will allow you to decide in which direction to continue to educate.
Then you undergo a specialist training, which will prepare you to work in a specific profession.
Graduates of this specialization are prepared to work as specialists and managers in logistics departments of production, trade and service enterprises, in various areas (production, distribution, procurement, customer service), also as a manager, logistics chain coordinator and in companies providing logistics services ( shipping and transport companies, logistics service centers, logistics distribution centers, modern warehouses, catering, supply and distribution companies). The graduate can work in the marketing and trade departments of various companies, logistics and transport departments in a company, commercial networks and is prepared to run his own business.
There are many reasons for the attractiveness and development of the logistics industry in Poland. First of all, the size of the Polish market and its location in the center of Europe makes Poland one of the most attractive locations in the world for logistics investments. Added to this is the dynamic development of other industries, such as e-commerce, whose success depends on the availability and excellent logistics service. Finally, in today’s hyper-competitive markets, enterprises are looking for concessional advantages, especially in the area of broadly understood logistics. What does all this mean? It is difficult today to imagine a more attractive specialty for a future graduate of higher education. The lack of specialists in the field of logistics, which is strongly felt on the labor market, means that specialists in this field can now choose well-paid offers. Of course, the road of becoming a specialist is long and not easy. It starts with very practical studies based on the latest knowledge and excellent insight into contemporary business practices.
This is exactly what you can do today at the College of Economics and Computer Science, a university valued among employers for very practical and modern approaches to student education.
PhD Przemysław Stach, Management consultant at the Factor Consulting strategic consulting company.
- 1 voucher per term for Microsoft exam (MOS or MTA) – market value of the package PLN 1,300. You have the chance to get certificates of knowledge of such programs as: Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint.
- Project management training carried out in the form of implementing a real project based on the „Exempt from Theory” platform designed by the Social Wolves Foundation, ending with obtaining the PMF (Project Management Fundamentals) certificate. See more: https://zwolnienizteorii.pl/
- Participation in practical training conducted by specialists from WSEI partner companies
- By completing training and gaining certificates during your studies – you save time.
First year of studies: PLN 2,400 / semester (or PLN 500 paid in five installments)
Second and third year of studies: PLN 2,500 / semester (or PLN 530 paid in five installments)
Partner of the Faculty of Management