DESCRIPTION OF SPECIALTY
Engineering studies. Graduates have competences and skills related to the design and implementation of databases and data warehouses, the implementation of BI solutions using multidimensional data models and the design of sets of indicators (KPI) and reports.
WHAT YOU WILL KNOW
As a graduate of this specialization you will be able to:
– design and implement a transactional database,
– design and implement a professional data warehouse for enterprises of all sizes, from various industries,
– design and build BI solutions using multidimensional data models,
– design and implement sets of indicators (KPI) and reports,
– make contact with specialists in various fields, know and understand their problems, design and build basic analytical structures,
– optimize the efficiency of databases for mass data processing (Big Data) from accounting, sales, production, social media,
– to use T-SQL in a professional manner.
You will also have knowledge and competences in the field of:
– database design, statistics and econometrics, which will help you in the production of advanced data analysis tools,
– administration of data flow and storage security.
You will develop your practical competences by implementing a project of building a professional data warehouse on the SQL Server platform during studies, including development of end users’ expectations specifications, functional design, construction of warehouses in the conditions of a specific company, testing and development of post-implementation documentation.
MOST IMPORTANT SUBJECTS AND TECHNOLOGIES
- Data warehouses
- Big Data support systems
- Support for Business Intelligence systems
- Data mining
- Predictive analytics
- Data analysis and computer simulations
YOUR EDUCATIONAL PATH
During the first year you will cover – common for all specialties – subjects such subjects as: Introduction to programming, Architecture of computer systems, Operating systems and computer networks, Introduction to databases, Introduction to web technologies. They will help you decide in which direction to continue your education. The specialty is chosen at the end of the first year of studies and implemented from the third semester.
The program of several specialization subjects is preparing for Microsoft exams. Passing of four of these exams will be equal to obtaining two of the highest and most important MCSA certifications in the industry: SQL 2016 Database Development and SQL 2016 BI Developmant.
During the last three semesters, you will complete a comprehensive data warehouse project, execute it and develop full documentation.
- Data analyst
- HD / BI analyst
- Database designer and programmer
- SQL programmer
- Data Warehouse Developer (HD Developer)
- ETL developer (Data Migration Specialist)
- A developer and programmer of BI solutions (BI Developer)
- BI reports designer (BI Report Developer)
The program includes all Microsoft courses preparing for Business Intelligence certificates. The Microsoft BI environment is currently the most popular in Poland and in the world. If someone solemnly gets down to studying, then after the third semester they will be ready to work, and after completing the full cycle of study will also have experience in a large project. I heartily recommend this specialty. I do not see another university on the Polish market that would do it in this way.
Patryk Broda, developer BI, Archman
– 1 voucher a term for Microsoft exams (MOS or MTA) – market value of the package PLN 1,300
– A package of 4 Microsoft courses preparing for MOS and MTA certificates within standard subjects – the market value of the same commercial training on the market is min. 6,000 zł
– The package of 3 Microsoft courses preparing for professional certification (MCP path) from the SQL Server BI platform within standard subjects – the market value of the same commercial training on the market is min. 10,000 zł
– 30% Discount for MCSA, MCSE, MCSD examinations
First year PLN 2800 * / semester (or PLN 590 / month paid in 5 installments per semester)
Following years: 3300 PLN * / semester (or 690 PLN / month paid in 5 installments per semester)
* Studies last 3.5 years – 7 semesters.