DESCRIPTION OF SPECIALTY
Students of this specialty acquire knowledge and practical skills in the field of human resources and payroll. Emphasis is particularly placed on solving practical problems faced by the staff, accountants, and personal directors.
The key area of competence is the staff and wages. Therefore in the second year as part of standard subjects students complete a full-time (94 hours) course for HR and payroll specialist (see more about the course) run by the trainers from the Accountants Association in Poland. After passing the exam the graduate obtains a certification diploma of a HR and payroll specialist, which is highly valued among the Human Resources Managers.
The second area of competence is „soft HR”. Students learn the principles of recruitment, evaluation and development of employees. An important skill is handling personal data in accordance with the latest EU regulations (RODO).
The last area of competence is IT tools. Graduates will become great at using Excel (2 subjects leading to 2 Excel certificates), they will learn to use the Payer and HR and payroll programs based on the popular Comarch OPTIMA system.
WHAT YOU WILL KNOW
Studying this specialty you will learn and understand how the HR and payroll processes of production, service and commercial enterprises operate. You’ll learn:
– labor and social security law as well as HR and payroll services at the quality level guaranteed by the Association of Accountants in Poland (first studies in Poland carried out in partnership with SKwP),
– implement and operate various remuneration systems in the company,
– use the right methods of selection and evaluation of employees (soft HR),
– properly handle personal data according to EU regulations (RODO),
– using IT tools for work in the office (Word, Excel) and professional (Płatnik, Comarch Optima HR module – Wages),
… and many more (remember you can choose many subjects yourself, and we have really interesting offer in the field of management, IT and, of course, finance)
MOST IMPORTANT SUBJECTS AND TECHNOLOGIES
- Documentation and employee records
- Remuneration systems
- Labor law and social insurance
- Service of HR and payroll systems
- Tools for recruitment and selection of employees
- Wages and financial settlements
- Excel for advanced users
- Employee development management
- Personal data protection
- Interpersonal training – workshops
RECOMMENDED SUBJECTS TO CHOOSE FROM
- Performance management
- Support for document flow systems
- Tax law
- Budget accounting
- Economic revision
- Simplified forms of business register
- Advanced managerial psychology
- Interpersonal training – workshops
YOUR EDUCATIONAL PATH
We will provide you with a solid foundation for the first year. You will learn for instance basics of management, economics, finance, law, accounting. You will also learn the basics of banking and financial markets. There will also be the first certificate of Excel knowledge (as well as Word). For your own good you will also pass a course in mathematics and statistics. Do not worry, you will manage.
In the second year we speed up the pace. Our partners from the Accountants Association in Poland will teach you personnel, insurance and labor law and payroll settlements. You will also learn how to use the Payer and the payroll module in the popular Comarch Optima system. Finally you will have the opportunity to take the SKwP certification exam.
In the third year we will introduce you to the world of „soft HR”. You will learn the principles of selection and evaluation of employees. You will also learn how to deal with personal data according to the latest EU regulations (RODO). You will also have the space to develop your interests by choosing items from other specialties and majors.
Studies in the specialty HR and payroll in practice prepare students to perform independently HR, payroll, HR and payroll functions. Graduates of this specialization may take up o job in the human resources departments of enterprises and institutions. They can occupy positions like:
– employees of the HR or payroll department,
– specialists in the recruitment, evaluation and development of employees,
– consultants for human resources management.
– Full-size course Human Resources and Salary Specialist run by the trainers of the Association of Accountants in Poland as part of standard 2-year classes. After completing the course you will receive a certificate of completion of the course. Market value PLN 1990.
– Certification exam voucher at the Accountants Association in Poland. After passing the exam you will receive a diploma which is highly valued by employers. Market value PLN 500.
– 1 voucher a term for Microsoft exams (MOS or MTA) – market value of the package PLN 1,300
– Comarch Optima e-learning training package: E-Comarch ERP Optima Trade Book; E-Comarch ERP Optima a quick start with a program in a trading company; E-Comarch ERP Optima Payroll and HR; E-Comarch ERP Optima Tax Book.
– Participation in practical workshops conducted by specialists from WSEI partner companies
First year of studies: PLN 2,400 / semester (or PLN 500 paid in five installments)
Second and third year of studies: 2800 PLN / semester (or 590 PLN paid in five installments)