DESCRIPTION OF SPECIALTY
The greatest advantage of this specialty is the acquisition by graduates of skills allowing to perform work on the border of information technology and management. A graduate knows and understands IT systems supporting management, knows how to implement them and use them in practice.
WHAT YOU WILL KNOW
1. As a graduate of this specialty you will be very versatile: oriented in both IT areas (you will know the hardware architecture of the company, understand the limitations of certain devices: servers, client stations), as well as in the area of management, finance and accounting.
– You will know and understand the application, advantages and limitations of modern ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Workflow systems as well as classic financial and accounting systems.
– You will be an excellent broker between business professionals and IT specialists, able to make contact with specialists in various fields.
– The purpose of this specialty is not to teach you system programming but rather to implement these systems to solve various business problems.
– Practical competences will be developed during the implementation of a professional management support system during studies, including development of end users’ expectations specifications, functional design, implementation of the system in terms of a specific company, testing and preparation of post-implementation documentation.
MOST IMPORTANT SUBJECTS AND TECHNOLOGIES
- Organization and service of financial and accounting systems
- Support for document flow systems
- ERP system support
- Support for Business Intelligence systems
- Modeling business processes
- Excel for advanced users
- Application life cycle management
- Designing the implementation of a professional management support system (P1)
- Implementation of a professional management support system (P2)
- Documentation of implementation and maintenance of a professional management support system (P3)
YOUR EDUCATIONAL PATH
During the first year you will cover – common for all specialties – subjects such as: Introduction to programming, Architecture of computer systems, Operating systems and computer networks, Introduction to databases, Introduction to web technologies. They will help you decide in which direction to continue your education. The specialty is chosen at the end of the first year of studies and implemented from the third semester.
During the last three semesters you will prepare a project to implement a professional management support system, implement this system and create full documentation.
-Specialist for the implementation of ERP, FKK, Workflow, CRM, BI systems.
-Manager of implementation projects.
-A consultant for IT companies and for end customers.
-Architect of IT systems supporting management.
A very interesting graduate profile. The first year is a solid engineering base in computer science, the next 5 semesters is learning to handle all the most important classes of management support systems, as well as the techniques for their implementation. There are no IT project managers, consultants or implementation managers on the market. I recommend this specialty to those who want to specialize in information systems more from the usable side than from the side of their construction.
Wojciech Żmuda, IT project manager, Archman
– 1 voucher a term for Microsoft exams (MOS or MTA) – market value of the package PLN 1,300
– A package of 5 Microsoft courses preparing for MOS and MTA certificates within standard subjects – the market value of the same commercial training on the market is 8,000. zł
– A package of 5 courses preparing for the certification of management support systems in standard subjects – the market value of such similar commercial training on the market is min. 6,000 zł
– 30% Discount for MCSA, MCSE, MCSD examinations
First year: 2800 PLN * / semester (or 590 PLN / month paid in 5 installments per term)
Following years: 3300 PLN * / semester (or 690 PLN / month paid in 5 installments per semester)
* Studies last 3.5 years – 7 semesters.