DESCRIPTION OF SPECIALTY
Students of this specialty gain knowledge and practical skills in the field of accounting and financial controlling. Huge emphasis is placed on solving the practical problems faced by accountants, controllers, and analysts.
The specialty designers assumed that it is impossible to know the finances of companies without a thorough understanding of accounting. Therefore in the second yea, as part of standard subjects, students complete a full-time (190 hours) independent accountant course (see more about the course). This unique approach to building competence of the financial controller gives it the possibility of an equal discussion with accountants and high financial specialists (auditors, banking analysts, etc.)
The second area of competence is broadly understood analyst. Students learn controlling, management accounting, analysis of reports, reporting rules both domestic and international.
The last area of competence are IT tools. Graduates will be great at using Excel ( 3 subjects leading to 3 Excel certificates), they will learn to use financial and accounting systems and document circulation systems.
WHAT YOU WILL KNOW
By studying this specialty, you will learn and understand how the accounting and financial controlling system of production, service and commercial enterprises works. You’ll learn:
– accounting at an unachievable level to competitive controlling studies,
– principles and tools of financial controlling (including budgeting),
– principles of financial and international reporting (so that you know exactly what is in particular items of reports),
– financial analysis (including forecasting of results and cash-flow),
– Excel at a very advanced level,
– using Business Intelligence systems, financial and accounting systems, circulation of documents
… and many more (remember you can choose many subjects yourself, and we have really interesting offer in the field of management, IT and, of course, finance).
MOST IMPORTANT SUBJECTS AND TECHNOLOGIES
– Financial accounting
– Financial analysis
– Economic revision
– Management accounting, cost account
– Designing a budgeting system
– Construction and operation of BI solutions in Excel
– Excel for advanced users
– Using document flow systems
– Organization and service of financial and accounting systems
RECOMMENDED SUBJECTS TO CHOOSE FROM
– Performance management
– Remuneration systems
– Personal data protection
– Introduction to databases
– Data warehouses
– ERP system support
– Using Business Intelligence systems
YOUR EDUCATIONAL PATH
We will provide you with a solid foundation for the first year. You will learn for instance: basics of management, economics, finance, law, accounting. You will also learn the basics of banking and financial markets. There will also be the first certificate of Excel knowledge (as well as Word). For your own good you will also pass a course in mathematics and statistics. Do not worry you will manage.
In the second year, we speed up the pace. Our partners from the Accountants Association in Poland will teach you accounting, taxes, law and financial and accounting systems. Finally, you will have the opportunity to take the SKwP certification exam. We will also definitely enter the IT area: Excel for advanced, financial and accounting systems, document circulation systems. If you work hard, each of them can end up with a valuable certificate on the market.
In the third year, we will focus on active control tools and financial analysis: economic audit, financial analysis, company budget design. There will also be another rencounter with Excel. This time you will learn how to use pivot tables and BI tools.
As a graduate of this specialty you will be particularly predisposed to work in the controlling, analysis and management accounting and audit departments. Knowledge of accounting will allow you to shape your career path in an unlimited way. You can work in accounting or set up your own accounting office. In the case of a career in a company, these competences can lead you to the position of a financial director or financial board member.
– A full-size course (190 hours) run by trainers from the Association of Accountants in Poland as part of standard 2-year classes. After completing the course you will receive a course completion certificate. Market value PLN 3,500.
– exam voucher at the Accountants Association in Poland. After passing the exam you receive an independent accountant certificate, which is very much appreciated on the market. Market value PLN 500.
– 1 voucher a term for Microsoft exams (MOS or MTA) – market value of the package PLN 1,300
– Comarch Optima e-learning training package: E-Comarch ERP Optima Trade Book; E-Comarch ERP Optima a quick start with a program in a trading company; E-Comarch ERP Optima Payroll and HR; E-Comarch ERP Optima Tax Book.
– Participation in practical workshops conducted by specialists from WSEI partner companies
First year of studies: PLN 2,400 / semester (or PLN 500 paid in five installments)
Second and third year of studies: 2800 PLN / semester (or 590 PLN paid in five installments)