FIELD OF STUDY: MANAGEMENT
The curriculum of the specialization meets the needs for specialists from the TSL field (transport-spedition-logistics) on the local and international market. The students of this specialization are prepared for efficient management of the flow of resources, materials and products both within the enterprise and between business entities engaged in the so-called chain of supply, starting at the supply sources and finishing at end-user service. The specialization prepares the students to work on positions related to logistics, also as a manager.
The asset of this course is its practicality. It is led by a specialized academic staff and practitioners. Most of the activities have the nature of workshops or seminars, creative sessions and case study analyses. The curriculum of the course was created through consultation with employers and it is adequate to their needs.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Studying this specialization:
- you will acquire managerial knowledge and abilities as well as proper specialization qualifications meeting the needs and the reality of operating in the logistics field
- you will obtain the qualifications necessary to run your own business activity
- you will learn how to identify, analyze and improve the systems, logistic processes, logistic chains and networks, as well as how to manage them
- you will acquire practical abilities of using computer tools for the management of logistic processes
- you will know how to design and introduce spatial logistics networks and services as well as solve problems related to production logistics concerning the methods of ensuring the optimum flow of materials and information in the production process
- you will learn how to plan and realize logistic activity and modernize logistic systems
- you will be able to take advantage of information from the logistic system to make management decisions in variable environment conditions and analyze and assess the influence of logistics costs in the efficiency of functioning of economic entities.
THE MOST IMPORTANT SUBJECTS:
- Production logistics
- Supply and distribution logistics
- IT in logistics
- Customer service in the distribution service
- Entrepreneurship and innovation – managerial competence workshops
- Sales and customer relations management
- Entrepreneurship – simulated company
POSITIONS ON WHICH YOU WILL FIND A JOB
The graduates of this specialization are prepared to work on the positions of specialists and managers in the branches of logistics in production, trade and service companies in various areas (production, distribution, supply, customer service) and as managers, coordinator of logistics chain as well as in the enterprises offering logistics services (spedition-transport companies, logistics service centers, logistics centers of distribution, modern warehouses, catering, supply and distribution companies). The graduate is able to start work in marketing and trade departments of companies, logistics and transport departments in companies, commercial chains and is prepared to run their own business activity.