FIELD OF STUDY: FINANCES
The graduates of this specialization acquire the necessary abilities to pursue the occupation of internal auditor in public and private sectors. The participation in the classes of this specialization will help students to understand the rules and basics of internal auditioning. It will also allow them to get to know the legal foundations and functioning rules of management control systems.
The graduates also acquire practical abilities in the field of preparation and use of economic information for the needs of financial analysis, using various tools of management accounting, cost and result management and internal auditing. The dominating form of classes are classes and workshops concerning case studies, within which the students individually solve specific cases in the field of internal auditing, account book inspections, designing and implementing the management control system.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Studying this specialization you will get to know and understand how the modern auditing and management control system works both in the units of public finances and commercial units sectors focused on manufacturing, service or trade.
You will get to know:
- how the modern management control works,
- what tasks are executed by internal auditing,
- how the risk analysis is conducted,
- how an auditing function should be organized,
- what are the requirements and expectations of an internal auditor and people working in control departments.
The specialization subjects include practical information, which will be continuously adapted to variable regulations and standards on the national level.
THE MOST IMPORTANT SUBJECTS
- Internal auditing
- Financial accounting
- Management control
- Financial report analysis
- Risk analysis
POSITIONS ON WHICH YOU WILL FIND A JOB
You will be prepared for the occupation of the auditor, as well as a internal controller in the companies and public institutions. You can take work at:
- auditing companies,
- finance-accounting departments,
- tax offices,
- councils of statutory auditors.
- You will also be able to make effort in order to obtain an internal auditor qualifications. You may want to continue your studies at WSEI in post-graduate course „Internal Auditing and Management Control,” which provide the qualifications for the occupation of an internal auditor in the public finance sector.