FIELD OF STUDY: FINANCES
The graduates of this specialization will acquire unique knowledge and practical abilities in the field of widely taken accounting system. They will also acquire necessary qualifications and abilities concerning company accounting, individual business activity, public finance sector units and the so called third sector on the national and international level. They will get to know both the technical aspects of bookkeeping (documentation, account assignments, journalling, controls etc), as well as preparing accountability compliant to the accounting law and International Financial Reporting Standards. The use of management accounting and tax accounting tools (including the tax optimization tools) will constitute an important element in the graduate’s knowledge and competence.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Studying this specialization you can get to know and understand how the modern accounting system works, both on the national and international level.
You will get to know:
- about the dualism of the balance sheet law and its consequences
- how various forms of business activity are established, starting with individual business activity and ending with capital companies
- how accounting records are run in a simplified form (flat rate tax, lump sum, revenue and expense ledger) and comprehensive bookkeeping
- how to prepare financial reporting compliant to MSSF
- if there are control mechanisms in the areas mentioned above
The specialized subjects include practical information, which will be continuously adapted to variable laws and standards, both on the national and international level.
THE MOST IMPORTANT SUBJECTS
- Financial accounting
- Financial reporting compliant to MSSF and UOR
- Simplified forms of business activity records
- Budgetary accounting
- Internal auditing and business inspection
- Tax accounting and tax optimization
- Use of finance-accounting system
POSITIONS ON WHICH YOU WILL FIND A JOB
As a graduate of this specialization you will be prepared to work in finance-accounting departments, commercial, public and non-profit sector units, as well as in companies specialized in this field. You will be able to take the positions of:
- accountant assistant,
- head accountant,
- head accountant at public finances sector units,
- international unit accountant
- financial analyst.